Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Unable to login to Silverstripe Admin

8 Posts   15132 Views

Ricardo

Community Member, 11 Posts

12 February 2009 at 5:55am

Edited: 12/02/2009 6:08am

I need some urgent assistance to get into admin panel as the passwords are not working.
I believe I have to make some adjustments but Iam not exactly sure

Ian

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

12 February 2009 at 6:53am

Have you got into the admin area before or have you just finished installing?

Ricardo

12 February 2009 at 6:41pm

I was in log in admin area many times before using the default admin and password. I tried to change to my e-mail and a different password and I was unable to get back into admin. Each time i got a message saying it does not seem Iam using correct e-mail or password and try again when I use admin as email and password as password.

Thanks for your kind attention

Ricardo

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

12 February 2009 at 9:30pm

Edited: 12/02/2009 9:30pm

Try putting a default username / password in your _config.php...

e.g. :

Security::setDefaultAdmin(’admin’,’password’);

micahsheets

Community Member, 165 Posts

13 February 2009 at 9:48am

I have run into a similar problem. I originally developed a site using _ss_environment.php on my development server. Now that the site is going live for a client I need to put the specifics of the live server in the _config.php and not use _ss_environment.php any more.

So I put all my config info into the _config.php file like I used to do before I could use _ss_environment.php and all works for the front end. However on the back end I can no longer log in using the admin credentials stored in the database. The login form tells me that the login is incorrect.

When I put Security::setDefaultAdmin('admin','password'); in the _config.php I can login.

My question then is why, once I used the _ss_environment.php does the system not just look in the database for the admin user any more. I commented out the require_once("conf/ConfigureFromEnv.php"); line from _config.php so it would not define any variables.

It is not really a problem since I can set the default admin in the _config.php, but I would rather not expose the login info in a file on the server.

saemmi

Community Member, 6 Posts

13 February 2009 at 9:58pm

Edited: 13/02/2009 10:01pm

Argh...
After installing, which finally worked with the actual RC, it says login with admin:admin password:password as default.
this doesn't work.
tried to write it into _config.php, result is a screen with multiple errors (see attached image)

it is really sad. when i tried out silverstripe half a year ago, everything was fine. now i am sitting and trying to install since 3 days...

edit: it was a php syntax error: everybody else with this problem use:

Security::setDefaultAdmin('admin','password');

Attached Files
Ricardo

14 February 2009 at 4:17am

Iam now able to login . I used "Securityset etc" as advised
Thanks for the support

CompNrd

Community Member, 2 Posts

15 October 2013 at 6:45am

I am using 2.4.5 and I have tried everything to reset the forgotten password...

Any hits guys?