Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

[Solved] ModelAdmin - Create and search buttons return 'Not Found'

2 Posts   911 Views

Ben Gribaudo

Community Member, 181 Posts

13 February 2009 at 10:12am

Edited: 17/02/2009 3:05am

Hello,

Started experimenting with ModelAdmin today--neat concept! Ran into difficulty with the create and search buttons that appear in the auto-created add/search/import panel. If I click on either of those buttons, a red "Not Found" error message is displayed at the bottom of the main CMS admin panel. Not good. If I add "Director::addRules(100, array('admin/quotes/$Class/$Action/$ID' => 'QuotesAdmin'));" to my module's _config.php and then click on create or search, the main panel shows the "welcome to SilverStripe now loading" screen.

Would you have any clues as to what I need to do to get create and search working?

I'm running the http://open.silverstripe.com/browser/modules/cms/branches/nestedurls code base on Apache 2.2 running on Win XP.

Thank you,
Ben

-----------

Code:

<?
class QuotesAdmin extends ModelAdmin {

protected static $managed_models = array(
'QuoteModel'
);

static $url_segment = 'quotes';
static $menu_title = 'Quotes';

}
?>

<?
class QuoteModel extends DataObject {
static $db = array(
'Quote' => 'Text',
'Source' => 'Varchar',
'Author' => 'Varchar'
);
static $searchable_fields = array(
'Quote',
'Source',
'Author'
);
}
?>

Ben Gribaudo

Community Member, 181 Posts

17 February 2009 at 3:05am

Actually, I was running http://svn.silverstripe.com/open/phpinstaller/branches/nestedurls/.

At any rate, the problem ended up being the fact that there were some changes to trunk that hadn't been ported over to nestedurls, for my problem went away when I switched to trunk.

Have a great day,
Ben