Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Login Redirects back to login page

Go to End

3 Posts   1252 Views

SideShow

Community Member, 3 Posts

8 May 2014 at 9:08am

I've built a site using SS 3.1.4 but I need to require a login to gain access to the site for all our employees. I installed the external auth login module and that seems to be working fine. When a user logs in for the first time, the site checks the DB for the user, if they don't exist, then it checks LDAP. If the user exists in LDAP and has supplied the correct password, then the user is created and added to the 'Employee' group.

That's all working as it should, but the problem is that they are then redirected back to the login page and this message appears.

'That page is secured. Enter your credentials below and we will send you right along.'

I have verified that the users are being created and added to the appropriate group. I have gone to 'Settings=>Access' tab in the CMS and tried all the setting options for who can view this page (i.e. Logged-in users and 'Only these people and selected Employees'). Neither made a difference. Obviously I'm missing something, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

None of the people in the Employee's group will need to edit content, they are only supposed to be able to view the site after they have logged in.

Also, is there a way to add a 'Logout' link that will log the user out of the site?

SideShow

Community Member, 3 Posts

9 May 2014 at 7:14am

No one is having this issue? Or did I miss it in the forum somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

kevinstripe

Community Member, 10 Posts

26 May 2014 at 9:17pm

Try to login again with your correct login details carefully. and you should also clear cache and cookies before you login.