Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Drop Down Menus with Silverstripe

Go to End

40 Posts   15082 Views

Valorinbattle

Community Member, 95 Posts

14 February 2009 at 8:21am

I am trying to integrate a dropdown menu with a Silverstripe install. I see many posts about cssplay.co.uk and cssmenus.co.uk
I really like what they've developed over there but have no idea whatsoever on how to integrate that into Silverstripe.

I see that some of you have successfully done it and was wondering if I could get some help.
Thanks!

~ James

D.K.

Community Member, 20 Posts

14 February 2009 at 12:31pm

Hi James,

You will have to do some template coding, but here's a link: http://silverstripe.org/archive/show/15257.

Valorinbattle

14 February 2009 at 12:35pm

D.K. thanks for your reply. I reviewed that link previously and I don't understand it. What template do I put that info into and do I reference it in all my page.ss, homepage.ss, etc?

Thanks for your help!

~ James

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

15 February 2009 at 7:17pm

Are you talking about a dropdown menu (like navigation) or a dropdown select form? I use the CSSPlay menus alot on my projects. Like californiawomen.org. I have attached an example Menu1.ss (the html needed) and Menu.css ( the css needed for it). You can just place the Menu.ss in yourtheme/templates/Includes/* and include it in your theme with <% include Menu1 %>. The CSS you can copy and put in your own CSS file or include this file seperatly

I haven't attached all the images etc and you might need to tweak the styles for your project but should be a start for you.

Valorinbattle

15 February 2009 at 7:48pm

Will, thank you for the reply. And for sharing your files!
So, I add the css to my css.
As for the menu1.ss, I add that to mytheme/templates/includes/
And you say to add it into my theme with <% include Menu1 %>
This last part is what I'm not sure how to do.
I have two page.ss files.
The first is in mytheme/templates/page.ss
The second is in mytheme/templates/layout/page.ss
What do I add to each of these page.ss files?

Thanks again for your help Will!
Very much appreciated.

~ James

Willr

16 February 2009 at 9:09am

well you put the <% include %> whereever you want the menu in your theme. Have a read of the first 2 tutorials so you understand the basics of the templates. Usually you would put that include in templates/Page.ss.

Willr

16 February 2009 at 9:09am

well you put the <% include %> whereever you want the menu in your theme. Have a read of the first 2 tutorials so you understand the basics of the templates. Usually you would put that include in templates/Page.ss.

Valorinbattle

16 February 2009 at 10:46am

Thank you Will. Everything's working great for me now - I appreciate your help!

~ James

Go to Top