Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Question about language & email

Go to End

14 Posts   4598 Views

Foulensois

Community Member, 13 Posts

14 February 2009 at 8:36am

Edited: 14/02/2009 12:09pm

Hi everibody,

Sorry if the question exists but i don t find the answer.

First :

In my admin panel, I changed the language to french and everything is OK. But I don t understand why the language is still english for the login.

I saw in the folder ../auth_openid/lang, there was french language but I don t find the place where i can change it. Which file must be modified ?

I tried with i18n , but I ve got an internal error : http 500 ;(

Second :

In login form, it is possible to ask to the server a link to have a new password. When i received the mail, in english of course, i don t have the sender. Where can i modify the sender to have a sender like : contact@mydomain.com

Thanks for your answers

tobych

Community Member, 97 Posts

19 February 2009 at 3:20pm

I might be able to help with your first question. My understanding is that the "Interface Language" referred to in the CMS 'Profile' dialogue is just the language used for the CMS itself. Whereas the login page is just another page on your site, and translating that is a separate issue, addressed here: http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=i18n

From what I can see there, you need to change add a line to your mysite/_config.php:

i18n::set_locale('fr_FR');

I just tried that, and c'est tres bon por moi!

Bon chance,
Toby

Foulensois

11 March 2009 at 12:06pm

Thanks Tobych,

I find the way :)

i18n::enable();
i18n::set_default_lang('fr');
i18n::set_locale('fr_FR');

But I have got an other problem with 2.2.3

Now, I ve got the meta in "french", some fields are in French.
But In my form : I ve got this "Please fill out "Votre société :", it is required". It s not french "Please fill out" , where is the place where i could change it ?

Thanks

tobych

11 March 2009 at 12:26pm

Have you looked in the language file for that phrase? If it's not there, maybe the translation needs adding. I'm not sure how to do this but I recall that the documentation on this is okay. If that doesn't work you should check that the relevant template is using a translation, rather than it being hardcoded. To find that out I guess you'll need to search the source of SilverStripe for that text.

Toby

Foulensois

11 March 2009 at 10:48pm

I've looked in every language files and I don't find it...

In the silverstripe sources, i don't find yet this field. If anyone know the source ;)

Who makes the french translation ? Maybe I can discuss with him.

tobych

12 March 2009 at 2:27am

There are tools you can use to search an entire source tree for a string. If you're using Eclipse as your IDE, it can do this. If you're using an OS that has the 'find' and 'grep' commands, you can use them in conjunction to do this. You can probably search the SilverStripe source using the Trac (http://open.silverstripe.org/). The SilverStripe translation project has a list of everyone working on the translations, and provides a way of contacting them (as I recall, that's a bit fiddly, but it's possible).

Bonne chance!
Toby

StartUp3D

Community Member, 10 Posts

18 March 2009 at 10:50pm

Hihi...same problem here. I´ve searched the whole installation-tree (thanks to my editor Homesite, it is possible to do that) and there is no phrase called "Please fill out" or "it is required" or "fill out" :)

Maybe some developer can sort that mystery-hidden-phrase-thing out.

Greetings,
Otto

tobych

19 March 2009 at 2:42am

Otto, which version of SilverStripe are you using?

Go to Top