Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Question about language & email

Go to End

14 Posts   4598 Views

Foulensois

Community Member, 13 Posts

19 March 2009 at 6:44am

Welcome Startup3D with this translation problem.

We ve got nothing in these files (I checked only 2.2.3)

StartUp3D

Community Member, 10 Posts

19 March 2009 at 7:53am

@tobych: I´m using version 2.3.0 (stable)

Greetings,
Otto

tobych

Community Member, 97 Posts

19 March 2009 at 12:43pm

Okay, well I did some searching myself, I was curious about this. I Googled for [silverstripe "please fill out"] and found this Blog post:

http://www.webmasterbulletin.net/2008/07/silverstripe-form-validation-translation/78

I also searched the source (the head of the SVN trunk) for "Please fill out" and found the string in sapphire/javascript/Validator.js:

var errorMessage = ss.i18n.sprintf(ss.i18n._t('VALIDATOR.FIELDREQUIRED', 'Please fill out "%s", it is required.'), fieldLabel);

It seems 2.3.0 includes translation of the string. Foulensois is using 2.2.3, and Otto 2.3.0.

The code is http://open.silverstripe.org/browser/modules/sapphire/trunk/javascript/Validator.js on line 159 (in changeset 72811)

My search of the source came up with the "Please fill out" string in sapphire/javascript/lang/en_US.js.

Looking at the file for French, fr_FR, I see the translation:

'VALIDATOR.FIELDREQUIRED': 'Veuillez remplir "%s", c\'est un champ requis.',

The French file was added in time for 2.3.0, as far as I understand.

So Foulensois, if you want the translation in 2.2.3, you'll need to patch the code to match 2.3.0, or just change the string in Validator.js. Easiest to just patch that file, but of course it'd probably be best just to upgrade to 2.3.0.

Otto, if you're not seeing translation, I don't know what's going on.

And maybe Homesite is not searching for the string in JavaScript files? Maybe just HTML?

If I'm missing something here, sorry!

Toby

StartUp3D

Community Member, 10 Posts

19 March 2009 at 8:00pm

Thank you tobych, now i found it! I just tried my Editor-Search again and although js-files should be searched, Homesite still doesn´t find that string. Finally i can change that line!

Following up-Question: Can someone tell me where to set the language-variable, so that the German "de_DE.js" is loaded, instead of "en_US.js"?

Greetings,
Otto

tobych

Community Member, 97 Posts

20 March 2009 at 4:13am

StartUp3D, I think I answered this question earlier in this thread:

http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/254105?start=0#post254396

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

22 March 2009 at 4:44am

Edited: 22/03/2009 4:46am

Stupid me - I cannot remove this post, that I never meant to submit in the first place - sorry for that

Go to Top