Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Silver stripe search

Go to End

15 Posts   5784 Views

AndrewMK

Community Member, 23 Posts

27 February 2009 at 11:59am

So today i decided to test the full text search index directly on PHPmyadmin to make sure it would match three letter words and i ran the following code:

SELECT title FROM sitetree WHERE MATCH(title) AGAINST ('pim')

and it does find all the rows where the title columns contain the word 'pim'.
But yet when i search in SS from my site i still get NO results??????

AndrewMK

27 February 2009 at 12:24pm

So i discovered something else of interest!

In this site i also have an 'advanced' search which uses a custom searchcontext on one of my classes i created. when i search via this method i can return 3 letter words????????

weberho

Community Member, 15 Posts

27 February 2009 at 9:57pm

I've tested it on my site, and it works resonably well here. There are some Stopwords which are documented here http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/fulltext-stopwords.html which never can be found using the MySQL fulltext search tools.

If your search-engine is searching in another table the sitetree, you have to repair this table, too. So I recomment repairing all tables just to be sure.

Johannes

AndrewMK

2 March 2009 at 8:53am

IT WORKS!!!!

For some reason after making the changes described by WeberHo i had to go and republish all the pages containing the 3 letter words.

tobych

Community Member, 97 Posts

2 March 2009 at 9:36am

I imagine rebuilding the relevant index(es) on the MySQL table would be an alternative to republishing the articles.

AndrewMK

2 March 2009 at 9:38am

Yeah so did i and i tried that too I went into phpmyadmin and 'altered' the index and also tried doing a 'repair' of the table. but neither worked then i republished a page and it worked.

borriej

Community Member, 267 Posts

24 January 2011 at 10:29pm

Edited: 24/01/2011 10:29pm

I'm having the search problem..!

I've read this thread, but i don't understand it. (e.g. where can i find my.cnf)

So can some one please tell me in short what i need to do to:
- Find pages when using 3 character strings in the SilverStripe searchbox?

Thx!

Go to Top