Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

addon domain not accessible

Go to End

15 Posts   6270 Views

Blake_NiteoDesign

Community Member, 17 Posts

24 June 2009 at 3:45pm

Too easy... Thanks Sam.

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

24 June 2009 at 3:52pm

Hi Plomar,

About your last post, I have done it too. I have had installed Wordpress on sub folders, but with a new .htaccess for the wp installation.

It rewrites all the rules which is in the SilverStripe's .htaccess.

Blake_NiteoDesign

Community Member, 17 Posts

24 June 2009 at 4:00pm

I am installing SS to my root directory so, when following Sam's direction, the subdomains worked but the root SS folder was showing up listing all of the subfolders and files (not quite sure what that view is called, indexed? folder?) Reverting the root (SS) .htaccess back to its original state and adding the plomar .htaccess files to the addon domain subfolders makes everything groovy gravy.

Nivanka, is your SS in a subfolder/addon domain or is it in the servers root?

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

24 June 2009 at 5:18pm

FYI - I've kicked off a discussion on the internal dev list about whether this kind of feature should be added as standard:
http://groups.google.com/group/silverstripe-dev/browse_thread/thread/62f679664b8e705d

Nivanka

24 June 2009 at 5:24pm

hi Blake_NiteoDesign,

I installer SilverStripe in the root, and my wordpress is under that. But I had to make the URLs to be read like mysite.com/my-post, this you can control from the wordpress admin. And after that only wordpress creates a .htaccess. But the point is that re-defining the rules makes the root level .htaccess (SS one) to be replaced with the one in the folder.

this worked for Joomla as well

Nivanka

24 June 2009 at 5:26pm

Sam about your discussion I think it will be a nice feature if we can have. Because I have had needs to keep some .html files on my website under some folder. So when I want to link to them I have to give the URL like this mysite.com/myfolder/file.html otherwise it shows up the 404 page. So if we can allow some folders to be accessed separately it will be a nice feature, and a lot helpful.

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

11 September 2009 at 9:57am

This didn't work for me.
I have a subdomain called blog
I uploaded wordpress into this folder which is like a folder (Made with CPanel)
I am just trying to run wordpress from blog.insulatedboilerpipe.com
Any ideas???

Error establishing a database connection

Go to Top