Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Embedding Google Calendar to site

Go to End

5 Posts   4006 Views

Valorinbattle

Community Member, 95 Posts

5 March 2009 at 1:32pm

I'm trying to embed a Google Calendar to my site but the HTML Editor keeps stripping out the <iframe>. I saw some old posts in the archives about this, but don't have a clue what I'm doing with the TinyMCE. Also, Double-A-Ron has an archive about creating a new page type (CalendarPage) and inserting this code in the "class CalendarPage_Controller extends Page_Controller" section of CalendarPage.php:

public function getGCalHTML()
{
$html = '<iframe src="http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?showCalendars=0&amp;height=600&amp;wkst=1&amp;bgcolor=%233366ff&amp;src=orphanhope%40gmail.com&amp;color=%232952A3&amp;ctz=Africa%2FJohannesburg" style=" border:solid 1px #777 " width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>'

return $html;
}

But when I do this, I get a parse error for that last line that says "return $html;"

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
~ James

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

5 March 2009 at 3:13pm

I've had the some issue, with iframes and onClicks. Silverstripe is being to cleaver and brutally pulling these out. Kind of forces the admin to think of a more compliant way to implement these things.

you're missing a closing semi-colon at the the end of the $html variable, It worked a treat after that.

Hope that helps

Valorinbattle

5 March 2009 at 3:37pm

Bambii7 thanks for the help!

So should it read like this:

return $html;;
}

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

5 March 2009 at 4:06pm

Um more like

public function getGCalHTML()
{
$html = '<iframe src="http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?showCalendars=0&amp;height=600&amp;wkst=1&amp;bgcolor=%233366ff&amp;src=orphanhope%40gmail.com&amp;color=%232952A3&amp;ctz=Africa%2FJohannesburg" style=" border:solid 1px #777 " width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>';

return $html;
}

php needs know when you're done defining a statement or variable. It's pretty mush a full stop after a sentace.

$html = 'stuff to print';
The semi-colon at the end of that variable tells php it's the end of that statement.

Valorinbattle

5 March 2009 at 7:51pm

Bambii7 - thank you! That worked perfectly.

~ James