Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Rollover Effects on Images in pages

3 Posts   1592 Views

Valorinbattle

Community Member, 95 Posts

6 March 2009 at 12:11pm

I'm looking for a way to have a box appear when I rollover an image I've added to a page. See the three big white boxes in the example website below:

http://www.brighthopeworld.com/index.asp

I don't need the client to be able to edit the content of those boxes (although that would be excellent if possible). I know I could just put each image in it's own <div> and have an a:hover for that div for each image. But that seems like a very sloppy way to do this.

Any ideas?

~ James

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

6 March 2009 at 12:56pm

Nice transition on the images so far. I can't think of any cleaver way of controlling this. You'd need to make a dynamic style sheet or dynamic javascript file to allow the images and on hover states to be editable. I'd stick with the sloppy but functional :hover. Is the whole image meant to swap out on hover? I'd just apply a lite grey hover to the white container box. Or I've found applying opacity to a image worked quite well for me, just to lighten the image on hover

filter:alpha(opacity=75);
opacity:.75;

You have to apply both. I think filter is for IE and opacity is for Mozilla

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

6 March 2009 at 2:45pm

try JQuery UI and the JQuery Plugins directory, there you can find a lot of effects.