Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Releasing Silverstripe Website

4 Posts   599 Views

Bagzli

Community Member, 37 Posts

19 May 2014 at 11:15am

Hello,

I've been researching a lot but cannot seem to find the full answer to my question. Basically what I am wondering is how to release the website to public. So I have my website complete and ready to go, however what are all the settings that I need to change to make it go from debug to release mode. How do I stop users from doing ?flush=1 and all those commands. What are the additional things I should be changing on silverstripe to ensure that the website is secure.

Any help is most appreciated.

Tim Snadden

Community Member, 32 Posts

21 May 2014 at 8:00am

In production you want the server to be in 'live' mode. This prevents users who are not logged in from running dev/build, flush etc. You can do this in your mysite/_config.php:

Director::set_environment_type('live');

Alternatively you can do this in an _ss_environment.php file (see http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/topics/environment-management). This keeps it out of your source code so that you can have your environment set to 'dev' for local development and 'live' on the production server. In _ss_environment.php you would do as follows:

define('SS_ENVIRONMENT_TYPE', 'live');

Bagzli

Community Member, 37 Posts

22 May 2014 at 12:54pm

Thank you very much, are there any other things I should be watching out for?

kevinstripe

Community Member, 10 Posts

23 May 2014 at 6:38pm

i think you are ready to go... air it.... :)