Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Releasing Silverstripe Website

Go to End

4 Posts   1450 Views

Bagzli

Community Member, 71 Posts

19 May 2014 at 11:15am

Hello,

I've been researching a lot but cannot seem to find the full answer to my question. Basically what I am wondering is how to release the website to public. So I have my website complete and ready to go, however what are all the settings that I need to change to make it go from debug to release mode. How do I stop users from doing ?flush=1 and all those commands. What are the additional things I should be changing on silverstripe to ensure that the website is secure.

Any help is most appreciated.

Tim Snadden

Community Member, 32 Posts

21 May 2014 at 8:00am

In production you want the server to be in 'live' mode. This prevents users who are not logged in from running dev/build, flush etc. You can do this in your mysite/_config.php:

Director::set_environment_type('live');

Alternatively you can do this in an _ss_environment.php file (see http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/topics/environment-management). This keeps it out of your source code so that you can have your environment set to 'dev' for local development and 'live' on the production server. In _ss_environment.php you would do as follows:

define('SS_ENVIRONMENT_TYPE', 'live');

Bagzli

Community Member, 71 Posts

22 May 2014 at 12:54pm

Thank you very much, are there any other things I should be watching out for?

kevinstripe

Community Member, 10 Posts

23 May 2014 at 6:38pm

i think you are ready to go... air it.... :)