Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Creating a site with content blocks

Go to End

13 Posts   7310 Views

chiefworker

Community Member, 6 Posts

31 July 2009 at 6:00pm

That is nice - do share the code - we are working on something where we want to stack up a bunch of content areas one on top the other on both left and right side - with the ability to control the content in them. The content in any of the rendition blocks being any combination of words, graphics and widgets. Your code will help to serve the basis of this.

t|m

Community Member, 19 Posts

4 August 2009 at 2:48pm

Edited: 04/08/2009 2:59pm

@chiefworker

got something like this already sorted.
will release as open source soon.

need to write documentation and a few minor bugfixes.

Attached Files
mattman

Community Member, 18 Posts

16 January 2010 at 9:21am

Hi Ian

I have just started using silverstripe and am aiming to produce the exact layout you got to work which looks great - can I please take you up on your offer of sharing the code? I am new to CSS and this would really help - thanks!

ianpiper

Community Member, 32 Posts

16 January 2010 at 12:45pm

Edited: 16/01/2010 12:50pm

Yes, happy to share it. I have attached it as a zip file here. The code consists of the themes folder, which is mostly .ss template files, css, images and so on, and the php class files and JavaScript in the mysite folder. The class files show how the Content Blocks and articles are put together. The cb.js file is used along with the styles in layout.css to handle the construction of the round-cornered boxes.

I have only included the minimal in-line comments in the code, but if you want to know specifics post the questions and I will try to answer them here.

I should mention that I have used this layout on my live site now: http://www.tellura.co.uk/ and it is working out well.

Good luck and if you improve it (shouldn't be difficult) share it back!

Ian.
--

Attached Files
chiefworker

Community Member, 6 Posts

31 January 2010 at 11:20pm

Hi - we have finished doing this one way - lots of blocks - left and right - each with independent control www.indiahorizonz.com

Go to Top