Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Versioning in SilverStripe

Go to End

4 Posts   1929 Views

cnyaviary

Community Member, 12 Posts

11 March 2009 at 7:17am

Is it something that is already there and I am not able to find it?

This is what I am trying to do - I have a page on the CMS in green color (telling me that something has changed and it has been saved but not published yet). Is there a way to see the difference between the page that is currently save and published?

I can look at the published site and the draft site and check for differences, but I am looking for something simpler to compare the versions......

Does this make any sense to any one or am I just imagining things here.... thanks so much.

George

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

11 March 2009 at 8:54am

Well, I always use Published Site and Draft Site if I need to check differences, which isn't very often. Aside from the version control system for each page, I can't think of an easier way of doing it.

Exactly what "simpler" method do you envisage would help compare versions of pages? Side by side? Highlighted?

Cheers
Aaron

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

11 March 2009 at 9:26am

* Open your page
* Click the "page version history" bar on the left to open that
* Tick "compare mode"
* Click 2 of the versions

You'll be given a diff in the right-hand area.

jkoenig

Community Member, 1 Post

21 July 2009 at 12:44pm

Perfect.

I think in the current release it's a vertical expanding box on the lower left of the UI and accessed by clicking the double arrow icon.