Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Go to End

9 Posts   1552 Views

hank

11 March 2009 at 5:15pm Community Member, 10 Posts

Hello

This is an elementary question, I'm sure. A couple of weeks ago I downloaded Silver Stripe and began building a site. Everything was fine; I could work in the CMS no problem. Today, when I tried to get into the CMS I was faced with a log-in request, asking for my email and password. Uh, it's on my computer, but I cannot get in. I do not recall ever being asked for those details. What do I do?

Hank

ajshort

11 March 2009 at 7:47pm Community Member, 244 Posts

You can set these during the install process - however, since you can't remember seeing the setting you probably just left it as the default admin/password - try logging in with those details.

hank

12 March 2009 at 2:33am Community Member, 10 Posts

Hmmm . . . you are right. I did miss that step. Tried the admin/password details, but to no avail.

hank

12 March 2009 at 3:07am Community Member, 10 Posts

Would it help to try a flush?

hank

12 March 2009 at 10:47am Community Member, 10 Posts

Now localhost:8888 will not work either. I get a page loading error. Can anyone help me on this?

Ben Gribaudo

12 March 2009 at 10:55am Community Member, 181 Posts

Hank,

Does this post help?
http://silverstripe.org/archive/show/232864#post232864

Ben

hank

12 March 2009 at 11:42am Community Member, 10 Posts

Thanks Ben. I think it will / could help, but I cannot even get localhost:8888 to work so as to get to the point where I could test email / password. Betraying my ignorance, I know.

hank

12 March 2009 at 12:03pm Community Member, 10 Posts

Duh. MAMP was not open. So then in which _config.php do I add this line: Security::setDefaultAdmin(’admin’,’password’), the cms or Sapphire? Sorry, a bit of hand-holding still required.

Go to Top