Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Go to End

9 Posts   1713 Views

hank

Community Member, 10 Posts

11 March 2009 at 5:15pm

Hello

This is an elementary question, I'm sure. A couple of weeks ago I downloaded Silver Stripe and began building a site. Everything was fine; I could work in the CMS no problem. Today, when I tried to get into the CMS I was faced with a log-in request, asking for my email and password. Uh, it's on my computer, but I cannot get in. I do not recall ever being asked for those details. What do I do?

Hank

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

11 March 2009 at 7:47pm

You can set these during the install process - however, since you can't remember seeing the setting you probably just left it as the default admin/password - try logging in with those details.

hank

12 March 2009 at 2:33am

Hmmm . . . you are right. I did miss that step. Tried the admin/password details, but to no avail.

hank

12 March 2009 at 3:07am

Would it help to try a flush?

hank

12 March 2009 at 10:47am

Now localhost:8888 will not work either. I get a page loading error. Can anyone help me on this?

Ben Gribaudo

Community Member, 181 Posts

12 March 2009 at 10:55am

Hank,

Does this post help?
http://silverstripe.org/archive/show/232864#post232864

Ben

hank

12 March 2009 at 11:42am

Thanks Ben. I think it will / could help, but I cannot even get localhost:8888 to work so as to get to the point where I could test email / password. Betraying my ignorance, I know.

hank

12 March 2009 at 12:03pm

Duh. MAMP was not open. So then in which _config.php do I add this line: Security::setDefaultAdmin(’admin’,’password’), the cms or Sapphire? Sorry, a bit of hand-holding still required.

Go to Top