Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Problem expanding and contracting pages in the CMS

Go to End

10 Posts   2627 Views

fishe

Community Member, 42 Posts

18 March 2009 at 8:58pm

I have a site with around 30-40 pages under a parent in the CMS. At some point SS stopped letting me expand or contract up the hierarchy. It now only expands if I add a new page under it (i.e. clicking on the parent and adding a new page).

Any ideas here?

A known issue?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

18 March 2009 at 10:28pm

Any more details? What Browser and SilverStripe version are you using?

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

18 March 2009 at 10:32pm

This issue popped up for me as well, in firefox to be able to expand the sitetree I have to select "Allow drag and drop reordering". Then it works as expected- the site is now live so I am going to wait until the next stable before I update it. I have started a ticket on trac for this bug http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/3737

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

18 March 2009 at 10:32pm

This issue popped up for me as well, in firefox to be able to expand the sitetree I have to select "Allow drag and drop reordering". Then it works as expected- the site is now live so I am going to wait until the next stable before I update it. I have started a ticket on trac for this bug http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/3737

fishe

Community Member, 42 Posts

19 March 2009 at 8:37am

Sorry willr...forgot important details...I've updated the ticket started by howardgrigg

(FX 3.1b3, OS X)

It's working fine in Safari 4 beta.

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

20 March 2009 at 1:42am

Yeah , I noticed this as well. It seems the problem is isolated to Firefox 3.1 (or , 3.5 as it is called from now on)..

Since Mozilla is still working hard on their new javascript engine I don't think it is worth fixing silverstripe to run with a beta version of Firefox.. All other big browsers work for me (safari/chrome/IE)...

bratpak

Community Member, 2 Posts

20 March 2009 at 3:22am

Edited: 20/03/2009 3:24am

I am also having this issue BUT it is happening with all browsers...
and I can not find a work around...
I tried a few sugestions in this post but nothing worked...
it just sits there saying loading and flashed the error "error loading subtree"
has anybody found a solution?

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

20 March 2009 at 3:31am

bratpak ..

It seems you have a different problem ... The one in FF3.1 is java-script specific bug in the user-interface. Your problem sounds more serious .. ;-(

Can't help you with that though , sorry.

Go to Top