Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

restricted webPages

Go to End

4 Posts   1801 Views

lxer

Community Member, 16 Posts

19 March 2009 at 12:19am

I would like to have a few pages only to be visible after a user has logged in, but they
shouldn't have access to the CMS.

I mean, now after I login, it redirects the (guest)user to the CMS (which it doesn't have access to) , instead it should just return to the webpage and show the extra pages in the menu

how can I fix this?

headless_pnub

Community Member, 17 Posts

13 July 2009 at 10:33pm

Hi,

I'm trying to do a similar thing. I have created the user in the security tab and set the access on the page to be viewed only by logged in users.
The problem I'm getting is when I try and log in as the user it keeps telling me I can't access the cms and doesn't log me in.

Is there something in the admin I need to set to say this user shouldn't access the admin, but can log in?

Thanks in advance,
Pnub

joelg

Community Member, 134 Posts

19 July 2009 at 2:54am

Edited: 19/07/2009 4:45am

Hi you both

I'm having a similar problem (using the latest Silverstripe). I've created a menu, made some of the pages visible only for a special group in the security panel, however something goes very wrong. This is what happens:

When you log in, not as an admin, but as a user in a special group, you get redirected to a page I've set using this tutorial from ssbits: http://ssbits.com/custom-login-form-with-group-based-redirection/ - this part works fine.

Now logged in as a user in this special group I can view the secured pages (this is possible since I'm getting redirected to one of them), but if I refresh the browser or just clicks on any other menu link, the user gets logged out and all the secured menu links gets hidden again.

Have you got any ideas what goes wrong? Sessions?

Thanks for your help

Joel

borriej

Community Member, 267 Posts

28 April 2010 at 7:11pm

Did you manage to fix this problem? I'm also trying to create a log-in part, but user shouldnt have CMS access.