I just uploaded my site to a linux server running Fedora and Virtualmin. When I attempted to view the site I got a blank screen. I looked at the apache error log and found that there were files that had permissions problems. To find out exactly what files/folders were causing the problem I added
to the getTemplateManifest function and looked at the site again. I noticed that the directories it was scanning started at the system root and looked into all the folders including etc, var, and so on. I suspect that this is not supposed to happen.
I cannot find where $baseDir is being set before it is passed to the function to try and determine why it is not starting with the site document root.
This may be an apache configuration issue although I have run SS sites on Virtualmin/apache before without problems.
Edit: I have found that this server config does not return any values for $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'] which really messes things up. I am talking with the hosting company about making sure this variable is available.