Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Tutorial 2: Staffholder StaffPage problems

5 Posts   912 Views

daniel.cm

Community Member, 3 Posts

7 April 2009 at 7:52pm

Hi I have been trying my hand at the tutorials and can't get beyond ss spiting the dummy when I try to rebuild the database.
I added StaffHolder.php and StaffPage.php to the code folder and then attempted to rebuild the database.

This is what I get from db/build?flush=1

Building Database

Creating database tables

PageComment
SiteTree
Field SiteTree.ClassName: changed to enum('SiteTree','Page','GhostPage','StaffHolder','StaffPage','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree' (from enum('SiteTree','Page','GhostPage','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree')
Field SiteTree_Live.ClassName: changed to enum('SiteTree','Page','GhostPage','StaffHolder','StaffPage','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree' (from enum('SiteTree','Page','GhostPage','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree')
Field SiteTree_versions.ClassName: changed to enum('SiteTree','Page','GhostPage','StaffHolder','StaffPage','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree' (from enum('SiteTree','Page','GhostPage','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree')
Email_BounceRecord
QueuedEmail
File
Group
LoginAttempt
MemberPassword
Permission
Widget
WidgetArea
Page
GhostPage

Any help would be much appreciated.
Daniel

banal

Community Member, 901 Posts

7 April 2009 at 8:19pm

Umm. That output looks fine.. It's just the output generated by the DB build script and shouldn't be mistaken for the actual site-output :)
I don't really understand what the problem is. Did you create a StaffHolder and some StaffPages in the CMS? Maybe you should append ?flush=1 to the URL of these pages when you open them in the Browser. This will flush and re-render your templates.

daniel.cm

7 April 2009 at 8:42pm

All I did was but the StaffHolder.php and StaffPage.php into the code folder.
I tried it with the tutorial theme and the balance theme.
When I navigate to the root of the site ie http://localhost/silverstripe after doing the database rebuild I get a blank page.
I tried http://localhost/silverstripe/?flush=1 but still the same thing.
Maybe a reinstall is in order.

banal

Community Member, 901 Posts

7 April 2009 at 8:48pm

I guess there's an Error in your code somewhere. You should look into your PHP Error log.

daniel.cm

7 April 2009 at 9:05pm

Thanks - solved :) The problem was caused by unwanted special characters in the php file.
My editor TextWrangler was not showing all the characters in the php doc- don't know why.