Actually, this is my fifth Unix SilverStripe deployment-- and i DO love Unix. It's just seems that each box has slightly different configurations, and in this particular one, php.ini was NOT in /etc. I had to do a locate on it, and then I found TWO instances of it, etc. It was kind of a mess. But YEAH-- it's fixed and I'm up and running! Thanks again-- for this and in the past (you have helped me before).
I also had this problem. No matter how much memory I gave it, it would result in a blank page or a out of memory error. In my case this was obviously due to a missing $has_many - statement on the 'other side' of a $has_one - statement. I don't understand how this can be possible since SilverStripe also has $has_one relationships e.g. on 'Image'-Objects without corresponding $has_many - statements in the 'Image'-class...
I got the same thing today. After running the page for nearly a year (2.3.5) yesterday its started to happen
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 232620 bytes) in /home/website/public_html/sapphire/core/Requirements.php on line 630
I increased the memory limit to 256M and it still happens. phpinfo confirms the 256MB mem limit. Code didnt change since a year it just started to happen. It soooooo anoying. could someone give me a hint. cause i tried hard. I tryed to disable the the
Requirements::set_combined_files_enabled(false); to avoid combining.
www.website.com/admin/assets is reachable, but the site tree isnt