Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Server Error

2 Posts   617 Views

Johnny

Community Member, 34 Posts

11 April 2009 at 6:56am

Sorry if it's not the right section to post this topic...

I'm new to SS. I love the idea, and I managed to absorbe the learning curve to implement it for two of my clients.

I have created a "Festival" Page that can hold many "Festival Event" pages, like the "Article Holder" and "Article Page" scheme. I've created once "Festival" page that holds a "Festival Event" page, but when I try to save or publish the "Festival Event", there's a message at the bottom of the admin page saying : "Error saving content"...

Is there a way to debug this error? I try to look at the PHP logs and everything is fine! I mean, the good thing is that it says there's an error, but is there a way to fnd out why? Is there any other logs files?

Thank you very much!

JP

Attached Files
Johnny

Community Member, 34 Posts

11 April 2009 at 9:36am

Ok! I fixed the error!

I deleted all occurences of "FestivalEvent" in DB, including in SiteTree, and I rebuilted the DB, and now it's working!

Somehow, the DB was currupted, because it was trying to insert a row in FestivalEvent_versions with a column 'ClassName'='FestivalEvent' and since there's not such field in _versions tables, it was doing this error!

Thanks anyway!

JP