Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

mbregex compile error?!

Go to End

9 Posts   2418 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

16 April 2009 at 3:06am

My client switched hosts, and now Silverstripe is throwing an error on every page:

mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: unmatched close parenthesis
GET /?flush=1

Line 494 in sapphire/core/SSViewer.php

Surely this has something to do with the mbregex module configuration? I've seen very little written about this. I've tried changing the mbstring.func_overload to a number of different values. Nothing seems to work. Very frustrating!

Dave L

Community Member, 60 Posts

12 November 2009 at 11:29am

I just got the same error installing base onto my openhost account, any help out there?

UncleCheese

12 November 2009 at 11:33am

Strap yourself in. You're in for a wild ride. This error sucks.

youngmug

Community Member, 19 Posts

12 November 2009 at 12:12pm

Based on some info over in the [url=http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/272079]all pages display blank?[/url] topic, it's an issue with OpenHost's PHP configuration.

You'll need to set mbstring.func_overload to 0 in php.ini.

Dave L

12 November 2009 at 12:17pm

Thanks,

I've tried the ini_set and .htaccess options but no joy, so I'm waiting for them to complete a ticket re: https://support.webhost.co.nz/index.php?group=openhost&_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=380

Cheers youngmug

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

13 November 2009 at 9:20am

Edited: 13/11/2009 9:20am

EDIT: Yeah, what youngmug said

UncleCheese

13 November 2009 at 9:23am

I've set the mbstring.overload every which way, and although it quiets the error sometimes, it still shows up intermittently.

Dave L

13 November 2009 at 9:27am

>I've set the mbstring.overload every which way, and although it quiets the error sometimes, it still shows up intermittently.

Eek, that's not good. Is this on a variety of hosts, or one host in particular? Is the error always thrown on the same piece of code?

Go to Top