Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

2.3.1 CMS - IE7 Slow

Go to End

5 Posts   1395 Views

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

27 April 2009 at 5:12pm

Is anyone else finding the CMS admin from version 2.3.1 extremely slow in IE7?

I've just tested it for the first time today and found that switching between pages in the tree can take 10-20 seconds before the main cms page and tabstrips are loaded and ready to use. This is consistant every time I change pages in the tree. And this is also on a localhost WAMP.

Firefox and Chrome seem to be normal.

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

27 April 2009 at 11:46pm

Ever since version 2 I find working in SS in IE7 is unbearable ....... That is not a Silverstripe problem though.... IE6 and 7 just suck , very hard... It is just a shame most of our clients still use it ... ;)

Double-A-Ron

28 April 2009 at 9:02am

Hmm. While I do concur that IE sucks big ones, it's hard to say it's not a Silverstripe problem. This is cross browser compatability.

If this is a known thing, it's actually a complete deal breaker for us. While we always reccommend Firefox to all our clients, the reality is that a very small percentage of them actually act on that advice.

Are you aware of any investigation/threads/bug reports on this topic?

Cheers
Aaron

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

28 April 2009 at 8:00pm

I hear you , but I find IE pretty much unusable with basically every heavy Ajax application I use. Silverstripe is one of the slowest, that is definitely true.

Well. At least Internet Explorer 8 does not suck as hard as the previous versions. ;-)

Looking at the tickets in trac , I think speed improvement is an ongoing "process". Combined with the enormous speed improvements in current javascript engines I'm hoping it will sort itself out... ;)

Double-A-Ron

29 April 2009 at 12:10am

Interesting predicament.

We will need to test a bit more on this. We have potential jobs for SS, and if this speed issue is consistant, we may need to stick with 2.2.3. The difference I have seen between this version and 2.3.1 is really quite huge.

Cheers
Aaron