Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Custom styles in TinyMCE for SS 2.3.1 not working

Go to End

5 Posts   2903 Views

rceee

Community Member, 18 Posts

30 April 2009 at 7:14am

So... I've edited HtmlEditorField.php, tinymce.template.js, and all the css files I can find, both in template and other directories...

And I still cannot seem to customize the Styles and Format dropdowns in TinyMCE. I do not remember having this much of a problem in 2.3rc. Editing tinymce.template.js did allow me to remove certain buttons, but the dropdown contents are not listed there. I have searched high and low through .css files for "MsoNormal" etc., with no luck. Where are these styles contained?

rceee

Community Member, 18 Posts

1 May 2009 at 7:26am

Well, after hours, I think I've found it.

/jsparty/tiny_mce2/themes/advanced/editor_template_src.js.

I haven't seen this referenced in any other forum posts... nor the documentation. TinyMCE is such a cornerstone of SS's functionality... so why is it's implementation and documentation so incomplete? It shouldn't be this hard to customize the editor.

Impressa

Community Member, 6 Posts

20 July 2009 at 8:48pm

Hi Rceee

I've been looking for the solution as well. Thank you for the solution. It worked!
:)

potion_maker

Community Member, 36 Posts

12 January 2010 at 10:24am

Could either of you clarify what exactly you are changing in the editor_template_src.js file? I'm having a frustrating time figuring this out as well. I've tried a couple of solutions posted in the forums all to no avail. Thanks in advance.

Jellygnite

Community Member, 12 Posts

30 November 2011 at 12:36pm

Have you tried editing mysite/_config.php

Add this line:

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->setOption('theme_advanced_styles','Left=left;Right=right');