Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Best Way to implement a lightbox feature

Go to End

10 Posts   5089 Views

mhdesign

Community Member, 216 Posts

6 July 2013 at 4:26pm

<embarassed>OK -- I was missing a script or two</embarassed>

So now I've locked and loaded the following:

class Page_Controller extends ContentController {
	public static $allowed_actions = array(
	);

public function init() {
		parent::init();
		Requirements::javascript(THIRDPARTY_DIR.'/jquery/jquery.min.js'); //include jquery bundled with ss
		Requirements::javascript('themes/'. SSViewer::current_theme() .'/javascript/lightbox.js'); //link to js file in current theme folder
		Requirements::javascript('themes/'. SSViewer::current_theme() .'/javascript/effects.js');
		Requirements::javascript('themes/'. SSViewer::current_theme() .'/javascript/prototype.js');
		Requirements::javascript('themes/'. SSViewer::current_theme() .'/javascript/scriptaculous.js');
		Requirements::javascript('themes/'. SSViewer::current_theme() .'/javascript/builder.js');
	}
}

I now have two instances of builder.js and effects.js showing up -- but lightbox still isn't working... ?

copernican

Community Member, 189 Posts

10 July 2013 at 12:32am

Any luck getting it to work?

If you're still having issues, I would try limiting your Requirements to just the files you need for the lightbox to work (which i'm guessing are jquery.min.js and lightbox.js).

Some other considerations:

1. Are you also firing a script to initialize the lightbox? (assuming lightbox.js is a js library).
2. Do you have the correct css class on your links in the template?
3. When you click a link that is suppose to open a lightbox, are there any errors in firebug/chrome developer tools?

Go to Top