Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Session data of Member lost with secureassets module?

Go to End

4 Posts   1221 Views

esakrielaart

Community Member, 59 Posts

16 July 2014 at 10:41am

Hi all!

Currently I am working on a project where there is a need to password protect some files. I use (SS3.1+) the secureassets module (https://github.com/silverstripe-labs/silverstripe-secureassets). However, there is a problem.

Locally the module works just fine, however on the (shared host) server, it appears as if the session (data) of the currently logged in user gets lost. I found this post (http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/20913) but unfortunately it does not give me the needed solution.

Any tips for me perhaps? If any more details are needed please let me know.

Kind regards,
Maurice

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

21 July 2014 at 2:41pm

Have you got any further details about the setup of your shared hosting?

esakrielaart

5 August 2014 at 12:58am

Hi,

I don't know about any real specific details, but I know that the OS/server is 'Linux web12 3.13.0-32-generic #57~precise1-Ubuntu' / Apache 2.0 (Virtual server). If any other details from the phpinfo() are useful please let me know.

Kind regards,
Maurice

esakrielaart

5 August 2014 at 2:59am

Hi all,

I have some additional information. It appears as if, when adding something like ?foo=bar (or whatever) the file does get processed, but then I ust probably at this manually to all my download links. Perhaps this gives someone a clue on what might be going on?

Kind regards,
Maurice