Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Breadcrumbs Disappeared

Go to End

5 Posts   1633 Views

TerryMiddleton

Community Member, 108 Posts

4 May 2009 at 2:21am

Has anyone seen their breadcrumbs suddenly disappear?

I've making changes to the site, but only content changes and now, the breadcrumbs are not showing up. Very weird.

The one thing I did do most recent was put two new jquery tools/functionality. 1.) sifr and 2.)lightbox

Both sifr and lightbox work great and jguery is a snap to use once you figure it out.

Just thought I'd ask if anyone has seen disappearing breadcrumbs before.

Thanks,

Terry

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

4 May 2009 at 9:34am

Nope,

I've upgraded two sites from 2.2.x to 2.3.1 and both had breadcrumbs before and after the upgrade.

My Code:

Page.ss

<% if Level(2) %>
                <% include BreadCrumbs %>
<% end_if %>

/Includes/BreadCrumbs.ss

<div id="Breadcrumbs">
	   	<p style="margin-bottom: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px;">$Breadcrumbs</p>
</div>

TerryMiddleton

4 May 2009 at 3:13pm

I know...

I started off in 2.3.1 and breadcrumbs have been showing since day one. That was one of the first things I implemented. Now they don't show.

Weird.

http://63.247.208.15/

Terry

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

4 May 2009 at 4:02pm

I reckon it's Sifr. The Breadcrumb div is there, and this page: http://63.247.208.15/rit113-new-in-v5/ shows the root page in a blue bar that encroaches on the content.

Despite this, the Breadcrumb Div is empty when I inspect it in Firebug. Which means that root page link is dynamically served from somewhere (Sifr).

I've never used the Sifr extension, but can you stop it messing with Breadcrumb Div?

Cheers
Aaron

TerryMiddleton

4 May 2009 at 10:38pm

Double-A,

Yeah, very strange. I thought maybe the same, except that the breadcrumbs are getting generated from SS and I have the $Breadcrumbs var in the SS form

I had some logic that was evaluating if Level (1) and if so, then no breadcrumbs

I got it all straightened out. Thanks a million.

Terry