Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

ForgotPassword Form

Go to End

3 Posts   1343 Views

TerryMiddleton

Community Member, 108 Posts

5 May 2009 at 12:42am

Okay, as I gain more understanding of SS, I'm starting to think on my own. Great strides.

Here is what I'm thinking and wonder if I'm headed in the right direction.

On my login form, I've changed the CSS to position it and display it the way the designer/customer wanted it. Looks good.

Because of this, when I click on ForgotPassword or the email/password I enter is incorrect, I get a form shown in the content area that was styled for another background and look and feel.

Would I need to create a new ForgotPassword form (ForgotPasswordForm2.php) and place it in the mysite/code directory and then call it when somone clicks on ForgotPassword?

What do you think? Here's the site in action. http://63.247.208.15/

Click on Login and ForgotPassword to see what I'm talking about.

Terry

PS. I'm getting extremely close to finishing up the final items on this site and can launch. Very exciting! SS truly does rock once you get your head around it.

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

5 May 2009 at 8:13am

I usually do all this styling by using Firebug to find the class or ID of the element, and just changing the CSS to suit.

e.g. The login error message is styled using the following:

form.css (line 116)
#HeaderLogin .message {
background-color:#FED0D0;
border:4px solid #FF7373;
color:red;
font-weight:normal;
margin:1em 0;
padding:0.5em;
}

layout.css (line 198)
#Header p {
clear:left;
color:#000000;
font-size:1.4em;
margin:0 0 0 100px;
}

Not sure about the forgot password form in your case, nothing is displayed when I use it. But that form can be styled the same way. Just be carefull that the changes you make when styling forms don't have an adverse effect on your other forms.

Cheers
Aaron

donjoao

Community Member, 1 Post

5 May 2009 at 10:15pm

Hi

I dont have much information but its helpful to the members who has forget theit password and they can click & get it.

thanks a lot

John
www.donjoaoresortgoa.com