Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Unable to Log In

Go to End

10 Posts   2006 Views

growin

8 May 2009 at 5:52pm Community Member, 41 Posts

My site was moved and I'm now unable to log in. Is there a mysql querie that can clear up which logins are existing? The site works as made but the log in page no longer allows me to login as I did before. I'd like to figure out what is in the database for admin ID's and if the passwords are still there. Thanks!

banal

8 May 2009 at 7:21pm Community Member, 901 Posts

You can add the following line to your _config.php file:

Security::setDefaultAdmin("admin", "yourpass");

Then you can log in with admin//yourpass. That should allow you to check the accounts and re-set passwords. After doing so, you should remove the line from _config.php though.

growin

17 May 2009 at 6:27am Community Member, 41 Posts

Thanks for that. I did the change and still no ability to log in. Not sure what to do now. I can't change anything on the site. Help!

banal

17 May 2009 at 6:54am Community Member, 901 Posts

It should work...
Did you add the line to mysite/_config.php ?

growin

17 May 2009 at 5:49pm Community Member, 41 Posts

Yes, that's the file I added the line to. I ftp'd, copied the file to the hard-drive, added the line and uploaded the file over-writing the original file. Does it matter where the line is located in the file?

banal

17 May 2009 at 8:28pm (Last edited: 17 May 2009 9:06pm), Community Member, 901 Posts

No, I don't think it would matter where you put that in your file. Just put it at the end to be sure :)
And after doing so, you're not able to log in with the username and password you set in the setDefaultAdmin function?

Update: Oh yeah, and make sure you have cookies enabled for your site. Also check the Firebug console if there are any errors.

cshtauralrets

17 June 2009 at 2:31pm Community Member, 9 Posts

By the way, I solved my issue by appending

?isDev=1

to my sign in url. It turned out my

php.ini

was set to try and store cookies in a location which didn't exist.

growin

14 October 2009 at 12:35pm Community Member, 41 Posts

I went back to this site and re-installed. I still can't log in to the cms. in dev mode I get this error: "[Warning] Unknown: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_kn54gimdp6tfjnq8pqvd2vgnv0, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)
GET /Security/login?isDev=1

Line 0 in Unknown"

Now what?

Go to Top