Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Search Function acting very weird

2 Posts   860 Views

bokkers

Community Member, 6 Posts

14 May 2009 at 12:11am

Edited: 14/05/2009 2:14am

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to Silverstripe but I got it running and customized pretty quickly thanks to all the tutorials online. There's one thing though that's making me scratch my head in wonder at what's going on:

When I use the search function, the results are pretty non-sensical (they don't relate to the term searched for) and even include links to a couple of pictures (the silverstripe logo e.g.) and js-files.

To customize the search form and button I messed around with the Search form. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance. Would really appreciate any form of help.
Cheers

bokkers

Community Member, 6 Posts

14 May 2009 at 2:13am

OK, solved the problem myself. I checked which files exactly I had edited, and it turned that in my youthful *cough* enthusiasm I had directly messed with the file:

mysite/code/Page.php

Had changed the term "Search" a couple of times to German words in a hamfisted attempt to change the labeling of the search field and button. As you can see from another post I made I have no idea how to change the language of my Silverstripe site. That's what made me do this.

Anyway, by restoring the original file my problem was solved.

Cheers