Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Help required with Search

Go to End

2 Posts   573 Views

Xander75

Community Member, 3 Posts

5 August 2014 at 11:12pm

Edited: 05/08/2014 11:17pm

Hi,

I have recently downloaded the SilverStripe CMS and I have built a very basic site consisting of 2 webpages, this has a SQL Server backend and I can see the relevant data in the SiteTree table for both pages.

Following the tutorial: http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/tutorials/4-site-search I managed to get the Search to appear, but no matter what text I search for I am constantly met with "Sorry, your search query did not return any results."

I have been over this tutorial several times, I have even had other developers look at this and they are stumped as to how this is not working either! I am using the latest version and I am lost as to why this will not work, I've searched and found many other peoples forum posts regarding this functionality and it seems to be very flaky at best with no real resolution.

Can anyone shed any light? As I said, I have pretty much just used this out of the bag so to speak with no major changes, followed the tutorial I have rebuilt this using /dev/build and even tried using flush to clear the cache and still nothing.

Xander75

Community Member, 3 Posts

6 August 2014 at 9:12pm

When using "FulltextSearchable::enable();" and performing a dev/build I get the following output. Note that the SiteTree table doesn't appear to index, could this be my issue?

I really need help to get the Site Search functionality up and running, this is a must have for the site and failing that I will need to look for a different CMS product.

Building database silverstripe172 using MSSQL 10.50.2550.0

Creating database tables
File
Index File.SearchFields: changed to fulltext ("Filename","Title","Content") (from fulltext ("Title","Filename","Content"))
Folder
Image_Cached
Group
LoginAttempt
MemberPassword
Permission
PermissionRole
PermissionRoleCode
SiteConfig
SiteTree
Page
ErrorPage