Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Tutorial 2 Staff Page Image Uploading Troubles

Go to End

2 Posts   2832 Views

MartinPhone

Community Member, 57 Posts

21 May 2009 at 11:50pm

Similar issues have been raised before but I'm not seeing the right solution for me (afaik).

I do the StaffPage Tutorial and everything builds fine but when I go to the CMS and upload an image the frame refreshes and nothing appears to have happened. If I try to add an image from the file store I get the same as this chap: http://boonce.org/up/3385_screwy.JPG and in the list of files in the filestore is 'new image' for as many times as I've tried to upload the file.

I initially tried to make my own page, following the StaffPage example, but with different names and no holder. That page type does precisely the same thing.

What's going on? If I'm doing something common, or there's something that the host needs to do, perhaps this should go in the tutorial? This is a bit of a brick wall for me at the moment...

I've changed my Flash version to 9 and I'm using SS v.2.3.1 does the same in IE as FF.

MartinPhone

Community Member, 57 Posts

22 May 2009 at 12:06am

Well, I changed my uploads folder permissions to 777 and it works... but is that really very wise?!