Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Problems on live server with 2.3.1 version

6 Posts   854 Views

CriaturaCreativaStudio

Community Member, 73 Posts

23 May 2009 at 4:42pm

Hello there,

I'm using SS from a year or so...
I always develop the sites locally and then, i upload them to the server, and import the database on the live server of course.
I've done it several times with 3 or 4 sites, with no problems.

But now, testing 2.3.1 on local server works fine, but when i upload to the same server (bluehost) that runs the other 3 sites fine, i cannot login into the admin panel, the login does nothing and leaves a persistent url on the browser:
http://www.eduardocesario.com/Security/login?BackURL=%2Fadmin#MemberLoginForm_LoginForm_tab

i've tried re uploading the database, reuploading the site, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Regards

Eduardo

PGiessler

Community Member, 47 Posts

23 May 2009 at 8:21pm

Hi , I think your admin account data with password wouldn't upload correct. I had the same problem with changing the server. So you have to set your admin account in your DataBase. Then you can login , and there is no reload.

You can look in the SilverStripe Documentation for Password Recovery. I think there is 3 or more ways to set admin password. (Password generator, and so on)

Best regards,

Pascal

CriaturaCreativaStudio

24 May 2009 at 4:26am

Hello!

thanks for your reply, i've checked (visually of course) that the fields where the user are stored look identical.
But maybe it's an issue that i cannot compare just in that way.
Do you have a link for password recovery instructions?

Regards!

Eduardo

CriaturaCreativaStudio

24 May 2009 at 4:50am

OK, now i'm in the CMS...

But it seems the problem is bigger...
I have set up a page using Hasmany file manager, and it simply don't works....

I would love to know if there is a recommend export setting for the database. I'm suspecting a major issue, because my local site version works perfect! I've never had problems with prior versions of SS, this is really bad! :(

Regards!

Eduardo

CriaturaCreativaStudio

24 May 2009 at 5:01am

forget about my last post, it was a misspelled capital on the url syntax...

seems like everything is working fine now, but the issue of the users is weird, i would love to know if there is a recommended policy to export/import databases on SS

Regards

Eduardo

PGiessler

Community Member, 47 Posts

25 May 2009 at 2:41am

Hi Eduardo,

I don't know a way to import and export the database without any error with the admin account. I tried several methods, but nothing works. So I set manually the admin account in the live database.

If anyone know, how you import/export the database of SilverStripe in perfect way, I would love to know, too.

Best regards,

Pascal