Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

br tags show up when editing posts

Go to End

9 Posts   2269 Views

Ben Gribaudo

Community Member, 181 Posts

27 May 2009 at 1:12am

Edited: 27/05/2009 7:45am

Hello,

Has anyone else noticed extraneous "<br >" tags show up when editing forum posts?

Ben

AdamJ

Community Member, 145 Posts

27 May 2009 at 1:49am

Yep, I get the same. It appears on the load of the edit screen, not on save.

You may wanna edit your title to not use the angle brackets, it causes the br to not show up in the forum overview listing

Ben Gribaudo

27 May 2009 at 7:46am

Title edited.

Looks like we have another bug here. This thread's original title was "<br >s show up when editing posts". As AdamJ pointed out, that title showed up incorrectly in the forum threads list. It appeared as "s shows up when editing posts".

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

27 May 2009 at 10:17pm

Hey Guys,

Yes this was a sneaky bug caused by yours truly as I had a slight issue with JS inside text areas and my fix for that blew up standard plain text. This should now be fixed. No idea if we have republished ss.org since yesterday tho so it might still be lurking round here.

Don't know about the post title stuff. I suppose that could be caused by a similar issue.

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

2 June 2009 at 8:56am

Hi willr

The problem with <br> tags showing up when editing a post still occurs. At least it does here. Firefox 3.0.10 on mac

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 June 2009 at 5:55pm

Is this on your installation? I haven't had time to republish the ss org site in the past 2 weeks so it might still be lying around on this forum. When I have time to republish and test I will upgrade it.

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

2 June 2009 at 6:21pm

Hi wiilr. No, not my installation. I'm talking about the SilverStripe forums I'm posting to right now :)
Not a big problem though, just annoying.

Ben Gribaudo

10 June 2009 at 3:55am

Hi Will,

Do you have an update on this? <br />s are still appearing. :-)

Thanks,
Ben

Go to Top