Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

"index.php" in url, if not, don't work

Go to End

15 Posts   5312 Views

__fabrice

Community Member, 32 Posts

2 June 2009 at 3:37am

Hi,

I've installed SilverStripe (lastest version) on Ubuntu 9.04.. All work fine, but.... in the url, I see that "index.php" need to be write. If not, the url rewriting is not "in action".
For example, for the rebuild, this url is not valid : /relations_ships/db/rebuild?flush=1. I must add "index.php : /relations_ships/index.php/db/rebuild?flush=1

I try to see in the .htaccess, but the file is like the original after installation. Is in the apache2 configuration ?

thanks,
Fabrice

Ben Gribaudo

Community Member, 181 Posts

2 June 2009 at 7:35am

Hi Fabrice,

Would you please post the contents of your .htaccess file?

Thanks,
Ben

__fabrice

2 June 2009 at 8:39am

Hi,

Yes, this is :

### SILVERSTRIPE START ###
<Files *.ss>
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Files>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /silverstripe/relations_ships

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(\.gif)|(\.jpg)|(\.png)|(\.css)|(\.js)|(\.php)$

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(.*)$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule (.*) sapphire/main.php?url=%1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
</IfModule>
### SILVERSTRIPE END ###

Thanks,
Fabrice

banal

Community Member, 901 Posts

2 June 2009 at 8:52am

Edited: 02/06/2009 8:52am

Hi Fabrice

Are you sure that mod_rewrite is enabled on your webserver, for the folder in question?
AFAIK SilverStripe now also works without mod_rewrite (see this post: http://silverstripe.org/silverstripe-2-3-1rc1-released-testers-wanted/), and it seems the URL you're using is the one without rewrite!

Ben Gribaudo

3 June 2009 at 12:32am

Is your site mounted at http://your-domain-name/silverstripe/relations_ships or http://your-domain-name/relations_ships? If it's the latter, I think the RewriteBase directive (in .htaccess) should be "RewriteBase /relations_ships".

Ben

__fabrice

3 June 2009 at 5:26am

Edited: 03/06/2009 5:29am

hi,

Thanks for answers, but :

- Yes, the module rewrite is actived :

sudo a2enmod rewrite
Module rewrite already enabled

And in the .htacces, i must to write : RewriteBase /silverstripe/relations_ships 'cause the directories is that : /var/www/silverstripe/relations_ships

Fabrice

Ben Gribaudo

3 June 2009 at 11:43pm

Hum...there is a difference between having an Apache module installed and having it enabled. In your site's phpinfo() output, does the "Loaded Modules" section under one of the "apache" headings show "mod_rewrite"?

Ben

__fabrice

4 June 2009 at 12:11am

Edited: 04/06/2009 12:11am

hi,

Yes, in the section named "apache2handler", I've "mod_rewrite" in "Loaded Modules"...

Humm...

Fabrice

Go to Top