Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

The website server has not been able to respond to your request.

4 Posts   1500 Views

ubuntun3rd

Community Member, 3 Posts

5 June 2009 at 8:17am

SiverStripe was working fine for a month or two when, suddenly, I tried to access the site and I got this error:

Website Error
There has been an error

The website server has not been able to respond to your request.

I added "?isDev=1" to the URL to get more info and I got this:

[User Error] Couldn't run query: SELECT `SiteTree`.*, `GhostPage`.*, `StaticSidebar`.*, `ErrorPage`.*, `RedirectorPage`.*, `VirtualPage`.*, `SiteTree`.ID, if(`SiteTree`.ClassName,`SiteTree`.ClassName,'SiteTree') AS RecordClassName FROM `SiteTree` LEFT JOIN `GhostPage` ON `GhostPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `StaticSidebar` ON `StaticSidebar`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `ErrorPage` ON `ErrorPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `RedirectorPage` ON `RedirectorPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `VirtualPage` ON `VirtualPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID WHERE (HomepageForDomain REGEXP '(, ^) *jaydelp\.com *(,|$)') ORDER BY Sort LIMIT 1 | Table 'jaydelp_SSjdp.StaticSidebar' doesn't exist
GET /newsite/?isDev=1

Line 400 in /home/jaydelp/public_html/newsite/sapphire/core/model/MySQLDatabase.php
Source

391    }
393    function databaseError($msg, $errorLevel = E_USER_ERROR) {
394       // try to extract and format query
395       if(preg_match('/Couldn\'t run query: ([^\|]*)\|\s*(.*)/', $msg, $matches)) {
396          $formatter = new SQLFormatter();
397          $msg = "Couldn't run query: \n" . $formatter->formatPlain($matches[1]) . "\n\n" . $matches[2];
398       }
400       user_error($msg, $errorLevel);
401    }
402 }
404 /**
405 * A result-set from a MySQL database.
406 * @package sapphire

Trace

* Couldn't run query: SELECT `SiteTree`.*, `GhostPage`.*, `StaticSidebar`.*, `ErrorPage`.*, `RedirectorPage`.*, `VirtualPage`.*, `SiteTree`.ID, if(`SiteTree`.ClassName,`SiteTree`.ClassName,'SiteTree') AS RecordClassName FROM `SiteTree` LEFT JOIN `GhostPage` ON `GhostPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `StaticSidebar` ON `StaticSidebar`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `ErrorPage` ON `ErrorPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `RedirectorPage` ON `RedirectorPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `VirtualPage` ON `VirtualPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID WHERE (HomepageForDomain REGEXP '(, ^) *jaydelp\.com *(,|$)') ORDER BY Sort LIMIT 1 | Table 'jaydelp_SSjdp.StaticSidebar' doesn't exist
Line 400 of MySQLDatabase.php
* MySQLDatabase->databaseError(Couldn't run query: SELECT `SiteTree`.*, `GhostPage`.*, `StaticSidebar`.*, `ErrorPage`.*, `RedirectorPage`.*, `VirtualPage`.*, `SiteTree`.ID, if(`SiteTree`.ClassName,`SiteTree`.ClassName,'SiteTree') AS RecordClassName FROM `SiteTree` LEFT JOIN `GhostPage` ON `GhostPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `StaticSidebar` ON `StaticSidebar`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `ErrorPage` ON `ErrorPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `RedirectorPage` ON `RedirectorPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `VirtualPage` ON `VirtualPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID WHERE (HomepageForDomain REGEXP '(,|^) *jaydelp\.com *(,|$)') ORDER BY Sort LIMIT 1 | Table 'jaydelp_SSjdp.StaticSidebar' doesn't exist,256)
Line 102 of MySQLDatabase.php
* MySQLDatabase->query(SELECT `SiteTree`.*, `GhostPage`.*, `StaticSidebar`.*, `ErrorPage`.*, `RedirectorPage`.*, `VirtualPage`.*, `SiteTree`.ID, if(`SiteTree`.ClassName,`SiteTree`.ClassName,'SiteTree') AS RecordClassName FROM `SiteTree` LEFT JOIN `GhostPage` ON `GhostPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `StaticSidebar` ON `StaticSidebar`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `ErrorPage` ON `ErrorPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `RedirectorPage` ON `RedirectorPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `VirtualPage` ON `VirtualPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID WHERE (HomepageForDomain REGEXP '(,|^) *jaydelp\.com *(,|$)') ORDER BY Sort LIMIT 1,256)
Line 104 of DB.php
* DB::query(SELECT `SiteTree`.*, `GhostPage`.*, `StaticSidebar`.*, `ErrorPage`.*, `RedirectorPage`.*, `VirtualPage`.*, `SiteTree`.ID, if(`SiteTree`.ClassName,`SiteTree`.ClassName,'SiteTree') AS RecordClassName FROM `SiteTree` LEFT JOIN `GhostPage` ON `GhostPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `StaticSidebar` ON `StaticSidebar`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `ErrorPage` ON `ErrorPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `RedirectorPage` ON `RedirectorPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID LEFT JOIN `VirtualPage` ON `VirtualPage`.ID = `SiteTree`.ID WHERE (HomepageForDomain REGEXP '(,|^) *jaydelp\.com *(,|$)') ORDER BY Sort LIMIT 1)
Line 426 of SQLQuery.php
* SQLQuery->execute()
Line 2374 of DataObject.php
* DataObject->instance_get_one(HomepageForDomain REGEXP '(,|^) *jaydelp\.com *(,|$)',)
Line 2320 of DataObject.php
* DataObject::get_one(SiteTree,HomepageForDomain REGEXP '(,|^) *jaydelp\.com *(,|$)')
Line 47 of RootURLController.php
* RootURLController::get_homepage_urlsegment()
Line 31 of RootURLController.php
* RootURLController->handleRequest(HTTPRequest)
Line 277 of Director.php
* Director::handleRequest(HTTPRequest,Session)
Line 121 of Director.php
* Director::direct(/)
Line 115 of main.php

I get this error when accessing both the main site and admin pages. I have a feeling that this error is related to some module or plugin that I have installed, since I installed a few on 5/21/2009. However I never noticed any problem accessing the site or the CMS. Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Though I doubt that my system specs have anything to do with this server-based error, here they are:

SilverStripe Version: 2.3.1
Processor: Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5
Memory: 4.5 GB DDR SDRAM

ubuntun3rd

5 June 2009 at 8:22am

Also, in case it helps, here is the results of a MySQL Check I just ran:

Checking Database
jaydelp_SSjdp is now being checked.

jaydelp_SSjdp.Email_BounceRecord OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.ErrorPage OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.ErrorPage_Live OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.ErrorPage_versions OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.File OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.GhostPage OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.GhostPage_Live OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.GhostPage_versions OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.Group OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.Group_Members OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.LoginAttempt OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.Member OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.MemberPassword OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.PageComment OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.Permission OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.QueuedEmail OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.RedirectorPage OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.RedirectorPage_Live OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.RedirectorPage_versions OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.SiteTree OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.SiteTree_EditorGroups OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.SiteTree_ImageTracking OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.SiteTree_LinkTracking OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.SiteTree_Live OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.SiteTree_ViewerGroups OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.SiteTree_versions OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.VirtualPage OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.VirtualPage_Live OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.VirtualPage_versions OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.Widget OK
jaydelp_SSjdp.WidgetArea OK

Check Complete

I don't know much about MySQL, but I saw in the error message that it said, "Table 'jaydelp_SSjdp.StaticSidebar' doesn't exist" and I do not see any table with that name in this check. But I don't know if that is the problem itself, and, if so, how to fix it, or if it is a symptom of another issue.

Please tell me if you need any more information. I would be happy to give it to you to help solve this issue.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

5 June 2009 at 4:17pm

Here's a few things to do:

1. Check for any instances of "StaticSidebar" in the code. This is why there's still a query to a table that doesn't exist.

2. Run "dev/build" - this will ensure any tables/columns that don't exist are created. A common MySQL error is a missing table, this is because the code is out of sync with the database.

Hope this helps,

Sean

ubuntun3rd

12 June 2009 at 7:17am

Sorry for the delay. I was very busy over the last week.

Where do I run dev/build? Is that somewhere in the MySQL configuration or do I run that somewhere else? Thanks for your help!