Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Weirdest problem ever RE themes [solved]

Go to End

2 Posts   507 Views

Pix

Community Member, 158 Posts

9 September 2014 at 5:06pm

Edited: 09/09/2014 5:06pm

I swear I am not making this up, and I think my Mac must just be possessed because I don't know where this is coming from. I wanted to use the default theme 'simple' as a starting point for a new theme, so I just copied the directory and renamed it. So then I flushed the cache and selected the new theme, and something is wrong with 'Layout' for Page.ss, it always returns:

'Foo'

so then I try to debug with ?showtemplate=1 and it returns:

Template: /var/folders/m8/m5bln3qx5nj2q3lg86_8ss6h0000gp/T/silverstripe-cache-Volumes-KFORGE-DEV-apache2-htdocs-silverstripe/keith/.cache.themes.customtheme.framework.tests.view.themes.layouttest.Layout.Page.ss
1 <?php
2 $val .= 'Foo';

I've tried everything, emptying the cache, deleting the cache folder, ?flush=all, even deleting the Page.ss from layout and writing a new one from scratch. Still I get 'Foo'.

????????????

Pix

Community Member, 158 Posts

10 September 2014 at 4:51am

OK nevermind this whacky problem. I just deleted the whole theme directory and copied it again and the problem is gone. Originally, I made a copy of the directory using rsync, I wonder if that is what caused the problem. This time I just zipped it up and copied it. Weirdness.