Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

ModelAdmin - Adding new tabs in right panel

4 Posts   2942 Views

Sec

Community Member, 13 Posts

16 June 2009 at 8:26pm

Trying to figure out ModelAdmin. Documentation is poor, so I hope someone else can share their experience with the ModelAdmin module.

I have set up a standard Aritcle - Category relation (basically the same as in the docs). When creating a new article, I get the article fields in a Main-tab in the right column panel. How do I add tabs to the new item action? E.g. I want a Image tab where I can set up various image uploads. Anyone have any experience with this?

I would also appreciate tips to where I can find docs on how to expand the module.

Thanks!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

17 June 2009 at 8:06pm

It automatically scaffolds the form fields. if you want to display it tabbed rather then the default I think you need to add a getCMSFields() function to your dataobject article and build up the interface the same way you do with CMSFields for pages - http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=getcmsfields you would also need to create the tabs as well (since none exist) - http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=tabset

joelg

Community Member, 129 Posts

9 February 2010 at 4:10am

Hi Willr

I was just looking for this and as usual everything is über simple with SilverStripe. This code makes a new tab - without creating any new tabset:

function getCMSFields() {

$fields = parent::getCMSFields();
       $fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Main', new ImageField("Picture", "Upload avatar."));
      return $fields;
   }

BenWu

Community Member, 90 Posts

18 May 2012 at 11:51pm

When i want to put the image field to another tab, i just do

$fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Images', new ImageField("Picture", "Upload avatar."));

and SS will remove the picture field from the Main and put it in the Images tab