Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Assets folder

6 Posts   1981 Views

TerryMiddleton

Community Member, 108 Posts

17 June 2009 at 6:13am

Is there a way to change the location of where SS looks for files and images?

Right now it's set to just /assets folder. I would like to point it somewhere else. Is this possible? I found in /sapphire/core/core.php where the /assets' folder is getting set, but I don't know if that is only on install or what?

Thank you for any help,

Terry

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

17 June 2009 at 8:12pm

Find and replace over the whole project? From a quick look there is quite a lot of places where assets is defined as a path so could be interesting to change it.

TWoSH

Community Member, 13 Posts

18 June 2009 at 5:17pm

willr: does your answer also apply to multisites using symlinks? See this thread: [url]http://silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/251650?start=8[/url]

Thanks,
Tim

TerryMiddleton

Community Member, 108 Posts

26 June 2009 at 8:12am

willr,

thank you as always for the reply.

I don't think I communicated properly. My apologies.

I have pages with images in the pages that point to a directory in the html code to /images/filename.jpg

This comes from the old site where we copied and pasted the pages into the html editor in SS. Worked great. We basically kept the standard /images/ subdirectory structure.

As we creating new pages and wanting to drop images on to the page, we are directed to the default /assets/ folder to grab an image. I would like the default to be something other than the /assets folder. I see in SS where this is set in files&images, but I can't figure how to change this.

Your thoughts,

Terry

Bundschuh

Community Member, 10 Posts

13 March 2012 at 1:02am

Hello Terry,

have you found a proper solution yet for your issue?

Greetings Bundschuh

Martin D.

Community Member, 21 Posts

13 June 2014 at 7:11am

Is this still not possible? It would be great to be able to set the path to the assets directory.