Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Permissions and groups problem

Go to End

4 Posts   729 Views

nimesodelta

Community Member, 22 Posts

30 September 2014 at 12:47pm

Edited: 30/09/2014 4:17pm

Hi all!

Love the new site :)
I'm wanting 'Content Authors' to ONLY have access to a ModelAdmin menu item called 'Applications'. I have turned of all other permissions for the group (see screen grab) but Content Authors can not 'create' a new application object they can only view them... what am I missing here?

Attached Files
nimesodelta

30 September 2014 at 4:16pm

anyone? Happy to pay for some help :)

kinglozzer

Community Member, 187 Posts

30 September 2014 at 10:09pm

Hey nimesodelta,

Have you set up your own canView/canEdit/canDelete/canCreate methods on your Application DataObject? If I remember correctly, DataObjects permissions are admin-only by default. You could add each of these methods and simply use: return Permission::check('CMS_ACCESS_CMSMain');

If you need more control, take a look at the PermissionProvider documentation: http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/reference/permission

Hope this helps,
Loz

nimesodelta

30 September 2014 at 10:19pm

Edited: 30/09/2014 10:20pm

Thanks heaps Loz! That would make sense! I'll try it out in the morning... sleep time now :) thank you so much for your help man! I owe you a beer! are you in NZ?