Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Webpage / Files on Webserver

3 Posts   953 Views

lvpg

Community Member, 2 Posts

8 July 2009 at 9:03pm

Hello,

On my webserver I can run 2 websites. So I created on my webserver 2 directories for each website. Let us call them "webpage1" and "webpage2".
The webpage1 I wanna run with Silverstripe. So I installed Silverstripe in directory "webpage1". In the driectory "webpage1" is now the directory "silverstripe" and the other directories like "sapphire" and so on.
I can work with the CMS, but when I wanna call the webpage with: "www.webpage1.com" then I get an Error page HTTP 403"
Why I can't call my wepage ? should be silverstripe directly installed in the directory of my webpage ? Without the directory "silverstripe" ?

huh....

hope somebody understands my situation and can help me.

Thanks a lot,
Gabriel

Kalileo

Community Member, 127 Posts

13 July 2009 at 1:42pm

Which directory will be used to serve the pages when you access your site in your browser with www.webpage1.com ?

In that directory you have your stuff directly, without containing all in a silverstripe or whatever directory.

Thermalzombie

Community Member, 27 Posts

13 July 2009 at 2:13pm

Edited: 13/07/2009 2:15pm

Move the contents of the silverstripe directory into webpage1 directory.

I have a similar setup but could not work out how to move my original website from its public_html folder my other website is in a directory called thebrumbyshop.