Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Batch actions unpublish/delete from live site

Go to End

4 Posts   1803 Views

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

23 July 2009 at 9:02pm

Hi all
My clients and I are somewhat confused about batch actions (2.3.) What would be the difference between unpublishing and removing from the live site? Why would the both be there - could I remove one? Which one?

Also the actions 'remove from draft' and 'remove from live site' are hard to translate without altering code, because they both use the same indexes...

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

31 July 2009 at 10:07pm

Anyone? I'd just like to know the difference between the two please?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

31 July 2009 at 11:14pm

There is a patch in open.ss to fix this issue http://open.silverstripe.com/attachment/ticket/4420/fix_for_incorrect_batch_action_label.diff . It will be applied in trunk for 2.4

tractorcow

Community Member, 63 Posts

4 May 2015 at 2:47pm

Wow hello old post. We actually have an update on this issue.

It looks as though, at some point in the past, these methods were ment to be different actions, but along the way one became an alias for another without any real substantial distinction.

For 3.2 we are looking at re-evaluating the current batch actions. One of the solutions put forward is to actually deprecate (and hide) one of these actions, and implement a new one which should support what "unpublish" was meant to do, which is to rollback the current live to stage. Some renaming and UX will be involved.