Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

In a pickle

3 Posts   1061 Views

TerryMiddleton

Community Member, 108 Posts

24 July 2009 at 10:34am

I use Page.ss for most (99%) of all my pages. I have a couple of pages that has part of the content that needs to be hidden unless you are logged in.

It started as just one page so it was easy because I if used a <% if URLSegment != Page %> Show Content <% else %> Show the one page content and then check to see if they are logged in (currentmember)

Now I have 2-3 pages that I need to do this for and I'm wondering if there is a way to do a Case statement on URLSegment?

My only other alt which I don't find effecient is to create a page type for each page.

Anyone with a good suggestion.

Terry

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

24 July 2009 at 2:48pm

Now I have 2-3 pages that I need to do this for and I'm wondering if there is a way to do a Case statement on URLSegment?

The template parser doesn't support a switch / case statement. It does support if .. else_if .. else_if .. else which pretty much does the same thing. Though depending on how complex you want to get it might be cleaner to do a PHP which returns the result. Keeps the template much cleaner

function ShowProtectedContent() {
$return = true;
switch($this->URLSegment) {
case 'home': $return = false; break;
}
return $return;
}

<% if ShowProtectedContent %>
<% end_if %>

TerryMiddleton

Community Member, 108 Posts

25 July 2009 at 8:48am

willr,

As always...thanks a bunch. Worked perfectly.

Terry