Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Excessive load times with flush and dev/build

MarcusDalgren

Community Member, 288 Posts

24 July 2009 at 1:50pm

Edited: 24/07/2009 1:51pm

I have been getting more and more trouble with these two as the site I'm building is growing.

Now I usually have to run both several times before they actually succeed as they often max out the execution time.
I have read that Silverstripe has issues with bigger sites but mine isn't even all that big yet (about 100 pages, 84 tables).
Which class Silverstripe is currently in when I get the max execution time error varies but most often it's Manifest Builder.

I am getting really worried about this since it hampers my ability to update the functionality of my site if I have to hit reload a dozen times each time I do some change affecting the db or add a template.

Is there some way to get it to run faster? I'm having these issues both on my development server and the production server.

Kindly,
Marcus