Hi everyone! till today i'm using WampServer. it's really good and usefull. but every time when i make a website. i have to make template, then other information i mean content i have to upload online(hosting). but i want to do it in my PC then upload it to website hosting.
How can i do this? How can i copy out MySQL from my PC to WebsiteHosting? or you know another way?
MY PC: Windows XP SP3
Website hosting: Linux or other except Windows
29 July 2009 at 9:48am
1) Create a new database on your Webhost (usually through some sort of control panel)
2) Dump your local database contents to a file (using [url=http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php]PhpMyAdmin[/url], the Backup function of the [url=http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html]MySQL Administrator[/url] tool or command line)
3) Import the database dump into the database on your webserver
4) Copy all files from your PC to your webserver
5) Modify _config.php and .htaccess to reflect your webserver settings (update DB credentials and make sure RewriteBase in the .htaccess is correct)
I regularly copy local sites to webservers and it always worked like a charm. Oh and another thing:
6) On your production server, remove the error-404.html file from the assets folder and run dev/build?flush=all. This should recreate the cached files and the 404 error page (which may contain invalid links if you use the one from the local installation)