Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Change Mysql user password and database

3 Posts   2870 Views

shotaway

Community Member, 2 Posts

2 August 2009 at 8:40am

Hi ya Ive been try to change my mysql user and password. I have set a new user up fine but when i change the _config.php to the new credentials I get a error..

First off I copy'd the database to a new name and created a new user with full priv's to access this new database..
changing the _config.php file and hitting db/build?flush=1 cause 20 odd tables to be created, and loosing all mycontent. the db is a exact cp. untill SS updates the tables and makes some more blank tables and not using the original ones. the making of the new 20 odd table could be a red herring as it blog tables mainly that are created..

Ive also tried to change just the user and pass to the old DB I get a SS error page and are unable to access the site..

if anyone knows the correct procedure for this please shed some light on it..

thanks

Shotaway

shotaway

Community Member, 2 Posts

3 August 2009 at 10:56am

Yes _config.php is the only place for the mysql credentials.
I was getting my databases in a muddle..
All working fiine now.

shotaway

Nachos

Community Member, 21 Posts

27 April 2013 at 10:53am

Just in order to help people having the same problem as me - in silverstripe 3.0 the database user and password is in the file _ss_environment.php, the database in mysite/_config.php.
Have fun!