Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Translatable Files?

4 Posts   851 Views

ChrisBryer

Community Member, 95 Posts

4 August 2009 at 8:42am

Edited: 04/08/2009 8:44am

I am trying to make the File class translatable so that i can translate the name of images (not the URL/Filename, but the more readable 'Title' of the image). adding the following line to _config.php does set up the DB schema and creates a File_translationgroups table however the Files & Assets section of the CMS does not change, and popups do not provide any way of entering in translations.

Object::add_extension('File', 'Translatable');

the other problem is that using an english locale, i cant enter special characters like ö into folder names.

I'd appreciate any suggestions,

thanks alot,
-Chris

ChrisBryer

11 August 2009 at 2:01am

bump
just curious if anyone has any thoughts,
-chris

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

12 August 2009 at 6:55am

rebump… because I have no ideas but the interest for this feature to work. Could you please post an enhancement ticket in Trac?

ChrisBryer

12 August 2009 at 7:35am

entered enhancement ticket in track:

http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/4483

I know Ingo started a patch for CTF's with Translatable DataObjects as well as modelAdmin, and i have a hunch that this solution may be related.