Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Textcollector for module themes doesn´t work

4 Posts   2488 Views

AlexBeka

Community Member, 21 Posts

5 August 2009 at 10:58pm

Edited: 05/08/2009 10:59pm

Hi,

when i run the textcollector by "$link/dev/tasks/i18nTextCollectorTask?module=themes" then it just says "Running task 'i18n Textcollector Task'..." and nothing happens, no subdirectory "lang" is created under /themes;
i just added the following line to the page.ss template under /themes/themename/templates/, so the textcollector should find it;

<% _t('GoToEnglishTranslation','Go to the english translation') %>

further when i run the textcollector for all modules with $link/dev/tasks/i18nTextCollectorTask then i get an error that it needs phpunit, which is also described in [url=http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/4113]ticket 4113[/url], so this just works with installed phpunit for 2.3.3, but this would be no problem if i could run the textcollector just for the themes module;

help is very welcome,
Regards,
Alex

StartUp3D

Community Member, 10 Posts

6 August 2009 at 9:59pm

Hi,
same problem here. Just tried it like AlexBeka with the same result. Also i can´t install PHPUnit, because i´m on a shared hosting server.

Anyone who got that running already?

Best regards,
Otto

mol

Community Member, 5 Posts

14 August 2009 at 9:05am

Disclaimer: I'm using SilverStripe for cca 2 days, so sorry if anything I wrote is wrong
1) themes is not a module, but just an ordinary directory (it does not have _config.php for example), so ?module=themes is meaningless
2) translations of templates must go to mysite/lang, so it's absolutely OK, that it does not create themes/lang
3) if you are brave you can try my patch to textcollector:
a) please backup you whole site :-), especially the mysite/lang content as it will be overwritten
b) put

$entitiesArr = array();
         $fileList = $this->getFilesRecursive("$this->basePath/themes/gu");
         foreach($fileList as $index => $filePath) {
Debug::message($filePath, false);
            $content = file_get_contents($filePath);
            // templates use their filename as a namespace
            $namespace = basename($filePath);
            $entitiesArr = array_merge($entitiesArr, (array)$this->collectFromTemplate($content, $module, $namespace));
         }
         $entitiesByModule['mysite'] = $entitiesArr;

to the sapphire/core/i18nTextCollector.php before the line:

$this->writeMasterStringFile($entitiesByModule);

c) replace gu on the second line of the patch with name of your theme
d) run dev/tasks/i18nTextCollectorTask/?module=x (note: the x is just any nonexistent module name, so it won't process any real modules, so it will run much faster)
e) it should display processed files
f) in the mysite/lang/en_US.php should appear new translations

I do not guarantee anything (see disclaimer above).

mol

Community Member, 5 Posts

14 August 2009 at 9:36am

BTW the much easier solution is to use [url=http://bummzack.ch/langbuilder/]LangBuilder[/url].