Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Security Admin Login Error and Timeout

Go to End

3 Posts   2379 Views

silverseba

Community Member, 26 Posts

13 August 2009 at 10:37pm

Edited: 13/08/2009 10:38pm

I updated my running SS 2.3.1 website to 2.3.3.
The update works fine - everything running as expected.

But: I have serious problems with the login to the CMS.
I can only login as a user with admin rights (ADMIN).
Every other user with different rights (e.g. CMS_ACCESS_CMSMain) gets a timeout when trying to log in.

As soon as I give a usergroup the permission ADMIN, the login works.

The problem: I don´t get any error messages. The server just times out while loading the CMS (or rather whil hanging in a loop of a login function).

Does anyone know how I can overcome this problem? Or any advices how I can debug the login process, to see where exactly the login fails?

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

14 August 2009 at 6:42am

You won't see any errors in prod, you will probably have to test it in Dev mode to see what errors are being thrown around. You can't do it with the ?isDev=1 switch because that requires and ADMIN user to be logged in, and that won't make it possible for you to test your case above.

If turning your site to Dev isn't possible you might have to copy your site somewhere else and do that.

silverseba

Community Member, 26 Posts

14 August 2009 at 7:03pm

Thanks for your hint, but the site is already in dev mode and PHP error reporting (including warnings, etc.) is also enabled.
But: No errors are thrown. Just a timeout. Seems like the site is stuck at some part of the code that is reqiured for login... But Only when trying to login without admin rights.