Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

The Manifest builder and including custom php libraries

3 Posts   1585 Views

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

14 August 2009 at 5:37am

Edited: 14/08/2009 5:39am

I am attempting to add an existing PHP library into my SS install. I know the SS Manifest Builder traverses all folders hunting for php files that live in a directory that doesn't have a _manifest_exclude file in it and are not listed in _exclude.php.

Logic would tell me that I can:

• 1. Create a library dir: /mysite/lib/
  • 2. Copy my library files into that dir, MyCustomClass.php
  • 3. Rebuild
  • 4. Call MyClassPhp() from anywhere in the php code

However in my controller when I try to instantiate new MyCustomClass() I get: Fatal error: Class 'MyCustomClass' not found in

I perused the mainfest builder files and see that SS has indeed found it an produced a manifest file to include it. Is there a problem that I'm missing? Can I not have an arbitrary sub folder under /mysite/ with php? I don't see anywhere that the includes only work on /top-level/code/?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

14 August 2009 at 3:32pm

You should be able to use any folder name - not just code. I know for example the Mollom module stores the 3rd party library in /lib/

Make sure your filename = classname eg if you call your class MyCustomClass then your file must be MyCustomClass.php.

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

15 August 2009 at 2:24am

Man, that is totally it. My first post on this forum ended up being the same thing.

I'm going to go add some comments on the wiki. I know there is a blurb but it isn't stressed very much.

http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=manifestbuilder