Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Login Problem

Go to End

12 Posts   3465 Views

Bapfi

Community Member, 4 Posts

18 August 2009 at 6:59am

And how can I do that, willr? Sorry, I'm a noob at Silverstripe. ;)

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

18 August 2009 at 9:33am

I think he means in your URL bar, in your browser.

biapar

Forum Moderator, 435 Posts

31 October 2009 at 1:48am

I've same problem. I'm not entering into CMS in any way ( I've added Security::setDefaultAdmin in my _config.php, also ).
Browser give me login page...

Help!!!

ImacSS

Community Member, 35 Posts

14 December 2010 at 8:39am

Edited: 14/12/2010 8:40am

This is a bug. The log in as someone else feature was adding in 2.3.2 and it does not always redirect successfully. All you need to do is edit the url to site.com/admin again and you should be in the admin panel.

I am currently experiencing this behavior on a client's SS 2.4.2 website, and it is less than optimal when they are trying to gain access to the CMS admin.

Has a resolution to this bug been found? It would be nice if the post-login redirect actually worked again. As it is now, once they enter in the url of "http://<DOMAIN>/admin" - it takes them to the login form - they login successfully, but it just loads up the login form page again with the "You're logged in as..." message with a button to login as someone else - without ever redirecting back to the CMS admin.

Any assistance on this would be helpful - do I need to create a login form decorator object to handle this?

Requiring the client to modify the URL after they login is kind of gludgey. :)

Go to Top